Tuesday, July 03, 2007

HATE can solve nothing!

I juz finish reading an article on 'Author Rushdie and TV host Lakshmi to divorce' that I found on Yahoo News Entertainment. At first I don't want 2 read it coz I don't knoe who the hell r they. But sumthing telling me dat I shud read it. Dis is the article taken exactly from the news.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - British author Salman Rushdie and his wife Padma Lakshmi , host of TV show " Top Chef ," are getting divorced, his spokeswoman said on Monday, just two weeks after he was awarded a controversial knighthood. Rushdie, 60, is best known for his novel "The Satanic Verses," which outraged many Muslims and sparked death threats that forced him to live in hiding for nine years. He married Lakshmi, a former model born in 1970 in India , in 2004. She was his fourth wife and the couple had no children. " Salman Rushdie has agreed to divorce his wife, Padma Lakshmi, because of her desire to end their marriage," spokeswoman Jin Auh said in a statement on his behalf. "He asks that the media respect his privacy at this difficult time," the statement said. Rushdie hit the headlines two weeks ago when he was selected for knighthood by Britain's Queen Elizabeth , provoking renewed anger among some Muslims in Iran and Pakistan . When the Indian-born Rushdie started his romance with the model more than 20 years his junior, the British tabloids made much of their differences in age and intellectual stature. But Rushdie always defended his wife. "Anyone who's met Padma knows she's as intelligent as they come," he told The Times of London in a 2005 interview.

"But, you know, it's not supposed to be permitted to be gorgeous and really smart and also very nice." "It feels very odd to see newspaper articles saying ' Beauty and the Beast ' and 'Why Do Beautiful Women Love Ugly Men?"' he said in the interview. "But at this stage, I'm kind of resigned to it at -- as you say -- pushing 60." Rushdie shot to fame in 1981 when his second novel, "Midnight's Children," a magic-realist exploration of Indian history, won the Booker Prize. The late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, Iran's supreme religious leader, pronounced a fatwa, or religious edict in 1989 that called on Muslims to kill Rushdie because of perceived blasphemy in his fourth novel, "The Satanic Verses." Lakshmi started her career as a model and has since acted in movies and television shows and written cookbooks. She hosts the U.S. cooking show " Top Chef " on the Bravo cable network.

I have no idea that someone will write a book on how bad a religion is. I feel so angry by reading this article. Of course his book outraged many Muslims! How could someone write this kind of book! I mean... Plz respect other people's religion, beliefs! And mind your own business and stick to wutever dat you believe. The thing dat make me really mad is the comments posted by people for dis article.

'Did you know that it is a sin to have a loan? In the muslim faith you must buy something all or it is a sin. So if you buy a house and owe the bank money and have to pay interest on that loan, you have just sinned. Muslims have no clue what they really believe. Islam is a faith to keep people stupid and poor. And by the way this information comes from a friend who is muslim and from Pakistan.'

'islam is the most evil religion i can think of. Nothing good is there in the Qoran only to eradicate non muslims and rule the whole world by Sharia forcefully. MY ADVICE IS TO THOSE BRAIN WASHED MUSLIMS WHOSE HEAVEN IS A PLACE FULL OF VIRGIN WHORES TO WAKE UP AND DITCH THIS SO CALLED RELIGION AND GET A LIFE FULL OF PEACE AND HAPPINESS.'

I juz couldn't believe my eyes when I read those comments! It's like not registering in my mind! How can you comment on something that you don't even know? All I can say is I'm really hurt by those people who have no respects over other people. I mean, come on! We live in a world full of different cultures, races, religion. We should respect other people beliefs. Live in peace and harmony, and don't create anything that can outraged any religion.

Hummpphhh... Dis article seriously make me think of how un-open those people minds. I just wish I'll never know anyone who's like dat.

Alhamdulillah, I'm happy being a Muslim :)

No comments: